Statement from KGCA concerning recent changes to KHSAA State Golf Tournament:
The KGCA does not exist for the KHSAA, but instead was formed to have an intentional impact on the golfers, coaches and families of Kentucky high school golfers. We endeavor to do this by offering our scholarship program and by being the caretakers of the All State program. As such, we are deeply saddened by the recent actions by the KHSAA regarding the state golf tournament, as well as the way that those actions were brought about utilizing some misrepresentations by key individuals within that organization, whether by mistake or knowingly doing so.
The KGCA is committed to making sure our high school golfers have the best opportunities to shine as they have in the past. We have some exciting opportunities on the horizon for the upcoming year and beyond, so we ask that you stay tuned and keep the buzz about this going in a positive way
Welcome to the KGCA!
In order to keep moving forward and providing the best direction for Kentucky High School Golf Coaches and the athletes that we represent, there have been several changes in what we do and how we go forward as a group.
The KGCA proposes to accomplish this by:
- Link to KGA Meetings and Information on new changes to USGA Rules of Golf available at KGA Rules Clinics
- Board has moved to a calendar year as of 1-1-2018. Therefore, the new applications are for the 2019 calendar year.
- In order to have your school tournament listed on the web site you must be a member for 2019 or pay Tournament Posting fee.
- Membership Applications and Tournament Invoices are on the site for 2019. CLICK HERE > >
- KGCA Board has taken over the management of All State Points responsibility.
- All State requirements are the same for 2018 as for the 2017-2018 season.
- NEW!!! 2018-2019 Scholarship Application available on Scholarships Page!!!
- Stay Tuned For More Updates To Come……
2018-2019 Member Coaches
As a reminder, host coaches must either be a member of the KGCA OR pay $30 per event for their event to be included in All State Points calculations. If your team is playing in an event later this season, please make sure the host team has taken care of this responsibility so your players won't miss out on the opportunity to earn All State Points. Any event not meeting this requirement will be taken down until the requirement is met starting on August 18. Join today to enjoy all the benefits outline on the link above.
Player Participation Leads to Golf Team Funding
Did you know that each time a player from your school completes an event consisting of at least 18-Hole on the Kentucky PGA Junior Tour, $5 of their entry is placed in a fund that can be claimed by Coaches or Athletic Directors between July 15 and August 15? Don't miss out on your chance to claim funds that are available for your teams. Visit the link to Golf House Kentucky for more information or view the High School Golf Team Donation Request Form. Encourage your players to compete on courses you expect to play in the Fall and watch these players improve over the summer!
Congratulations 2018 State Champions
Boys Team - Taylor County - Coach Scott Parks
Boys Individual - John Marshall Butler - Coach Michael J. Brumfield
Girls Team - Lexington Christian Academy - Coach William B. Frye
Girls Individual - Laney Frye - Coach William B. Frye